Village Street Maintenance
Remember, do not follow village trucks too closely. Keep a safe distance behind any large vehicle. If you cannot see their side mirrors, they cannot see you.
The Village of Victor conducts street sweeping generally from April until October. The street sweeping is done on Tuesday and Friday mornings at approximately 4 a.m. usually concluding by 7 a.m. This procedure is done at this time due to the low volume of traffic and to insure the safety of our employees.
When the winter season approaches it is important that residents remember the following rules when snow arrives:
- DO NOT plow snow in the road or across it. Keep it on your property and in an area that does not obstruct your view or that of drivers on the roadway. If you hire someone to plow for you, please be sure that they are aware of and follow these rules.
- DO NOT let children play in snowdrifts near the road. It is difficult and often impossible for plow operators to see them.
- Please keep your house numbers clear of snow in case of emergencies.
- If you have a fire hydrant near you, Please consider shoveling out around it. This could save the fire department precious time in an emergency.
Parking your vehicle on VILLAGE streets from the hours of 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. is prohibited. Keeping the roads and streets clear for plowing, helps everyone in the long run. For this, failure to comply may result in ticketing or towing, at the expense of the owner.
Winter Regulations for Village Parking Lots:
The Department of Public Works by Authorization of the Village Board will enforce the Village of Victor Code, Section 158-8, F:
- No cars, commercial vehicles or equipment shall park or be stored for more than 48 hours in Village owned parking lots
- Failure to comply may result in ticketing or towing of your vehicle. All charges will be the responsibility of the owner.
Pursuant to Section 158-8E, Code of the Village of Victor:
Effective November 1st through April 15th - All parking in the North Parking lot, (behind Town Hall and East Main Street Businesses) between the hours of 12 a.m. and 6 a.m., is restricted to the North side of the lot (the side farthest from the buildings). This is for snow plowing purposes. Failure to comply with this code may result in ticketing or towing of your vehicle.
Mailbox Repair Policy
Mailboxes should be shoveled out so they are clearly visible. Mailboxes are located in the Village's right-of-way and the Village is not legally responsible for damages to them. However, the Village will replace boxes damaged during plowing at no cost to the owner.
Replacements consist solely of a four-inch pressure-treated post and cross-arm, and an aluminum mailbox. Owners who wish to make their own repairs do so at their own expense. The Village will not reimburse them for expenses incurred in doing so.