Victor Access Management
“SAVE THE DATE”
What: Victor Access Management Plan - Public Meeting
When: October 18th, 2018
Open House 4:00-7:00 PM
Formal Presentation 5:30-6:30 PM
Where: Victor Town Hall, 85 East Main Street, Main Meeting Room
Who: LaBella Associates has been retained to develop the Town and Village of Victor Access Management Plan to improve mobility and safety for the local roadway system.
Why: The Access Management Plan will provide an overall plan and standards that ensure an appropriate balance of proactive access control to individual parcels and safe and efficient traffic flow preserving the through capacity and connectivity of roads within the Town and Village.
Traffic Count Data Collection
Victor Access Management Plan – Traffic Count Data Collection
LaBella Associates has been retained to develop the Town and Village of Victor Access Management Plan to improve mobility and safety for the local roadway system. As part of their data collection effort, LaBella and their subcontractor, Tri-State Data Inc, will be collecting vehicle turning movement counts on September 19th, 20th and 21st utilizing an automated camera collection system at the following intersection locations.
- Dryer Rd & Strong Rd
- Dryer Rd & Cork Rd
- Modock Rd & Willis Hill Rd
- Modock Rd & Cork Rd
- Phillips Rd & Omnitech Pl
- NYS Route 96 & Benson Rd
- Fisher Rd & Railroad Mills Rd
- Benson Rd & Log Cabin Rd
- East Victor Rd & Break of Day Rd
- NYS Route 96 & McMahon Rd
- NYS Route 444 & Adams St
- School St & Rawson Rd
- Blazey Rd & Bortle Rd
- Main St Fishers & Old Dutch Rd
Access Management Plan
Part of the Route 96 Infrastructure Plan included recommendations for Access Management along the corridor and other roads that feed in to Route 96 (Appendix I).
The Route 96 Infrastructure Plan was finalized in March, the environmental piece is currently being worked on and the Town has established a Steering Committee to work on Access Management to compliment the Plan.
- Public Input Meeting – 10/18/2018
- September 24, 2018 – Town Board meeting – Resolution to Appoint an Access Management Committee to Prepare an Amendment to the Town’s Comprehensive Plan
- September 19-21: Traffic Count Data Collection
- September 13, 2018 – 3rd Steering Committee meeting held
- August 16, 2018 – 2nd Steering Committee meeting held
- July 23, 2018- Kick-off Steering Committee meeting held
- June 25, 2018 – Town Board Resolution #388-18 Authorizing the Supervisor to Enter into an Agreement with LaBella Associates for the Development of an Access Management Plan – Phase I for the Town of Victor
- May 2018 – Interviews were conducted and LaBella Associates was selected
- April 2018 – Request for Proposals issued for All Professional Consultant Services Required for the Development of an Access Management Plan for State, County, and Specified Local Roads.
- March 12, 2018 – Victor Access Management Plan Steering Committee formed (it was recommended that the Committee members be comprised of the same representatives as the Route 96 Technical Steering Committee with an additional representative from the Planning Board)
- March 12, 2018 – Tom Harvey, Ontario County Director of Planning conducted an Access Management Plan Workshop for the Town Board
- December 11, 2017 – Town Board Resolution #518-17 Authorizing the Supervisor to Enter into Shared Services Agreement with Ontario County Planning Department for Professional Planning Services
Access Management Steering Committee Members
Steering Committee /Special Committee voting members
- Tom Harvey OCPD Director, Planning Dept.
- Linda Phillips OCPD Planner
- Jack Marren Town of Victor Town Supervisor
- Kathy Rayburn Town of Victor Director Economic Development
- Kim Kinsella Town of Victor Planning, Development
- Dave Tantillo Town of Victor Councilman
- Al Gallina Town of Victor Planning Board
- Mark Years Town of Victor Highway Superintendent
- Gary Hadden Village of Victor Mayor
- Meg Chaides Village of Victor Chair, Planning Board
- John Turner Village of Victor Director of Public Works
Steering Committee Member Only, non-voting
- Joe Bovenzi GTC Program Manager
- Paul Spitzer NYSDOT Regional Traffic Engineer